Sunday, August 5, 2012

Easy Korean Beef

I don't have any more exciting pictures of this dish, partially because we were wrapped up in watching the gymnast all around Olympics and partially because this was super easy.

Ingredients:
1 pound beef or turkey
1 cup of rice
4 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
1-2 cups of green onions
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp sesame oil*
s and p

*(we didn't have sesame oil so we used olive oil and sesame seeds to make the base of the the saute pan)

Before I start cooking, I always like to have all of my vegetables and herbs chopped up and ready to go. Start cooking your rice and follow preparations on package. While rice is cooking, add your sesame oil to pan and add your minced garlic for a saute base. Then add in your beef. Cook beef until brown and drain fat.

Add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add s and p/garlic powder to taste. Save some green onions for a crunchy garnish. Serve over rice and viola! a quick easy and inexpensive meal.

For some weird reason my link party icons are freaking out. Please visit my sidebar to see where I linked this recipe -----> Thanks!

Recipe adapted from Lizzy Writes

1 comment:

  1. I just added this to my recipe list. Thanks for sharing at Snips and Spice Sunday Slice.

    Malory

    ReplyDelete