Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Sweet Zuchinni Bread Gift

Made this bad boy for my parents yesterday. Thought instead of bringing a piece of bread, I would wrap it all nicely to make it an official gift. See recipe below!
To make the bread:
Mix together 3/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 eggs and 1 stick of butter in large mixing bowl. Add in 1 shredded zucchini, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 1/4 cup of flour and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.

Preheat oven to 350. Add your batter into greased bread tin. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool.
To make frosting:
Mix together 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp of lemon juice. Mix and spread on cooled bread.
Let dry and cover with plastic wrap. I made this gift tag on picmonkey.com and taped it lightly on top of my bread. Then, I just wrapped it in Xmas ribbon.

Enjoy!

Strut your stuff Link Party

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness zucchini bread is kind of the best thing ever! I would happily get paid in zucchini bread if I could, hehe. I bet your parents are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up this delicious bread to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We wish you a Happy New Year! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love Zucchini bread! I think I like it better than Banana bread. I would love to have you link up each week at my linky party Show Me Your Plaid Monday's http://www.pandpkitchen.com/2012/12/30/show-me-your-plaid-mondays-4/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious recipe! We'd love for you to link this up at our party! http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2013/01/riverton-housewives-round-up-46.html

    ReplyDelete