Thursday, October 25, 2012

turkey burger with caramelized onions

Although beef burgers have a lot of good taste, I am trying to cut back on beef and start eating more turkey. I made these awesome turkey burgers with caramelized onions cooked INTO the patties instead of just placing them on top.
First, I seasoned my ground turkey with tsp salt, tsp pepper, tbsp garlic powder, a few pumps of Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs, 1 egg, and Parmesan cheese. I took balls of turkey and added a handful of my thinly sliced onions and placed the onions in, on the bottom and sprinkled some on the top to get the onion juice in the meat.
I cooked the patties for about 20-30 minutes on medium so not to burn until both sides get brown. Make sure to push the patties onto the heated pan for some good results! When finished I added to my whole wheat bun and then added some baked beans on top.

I don't know why, but I could put baked beans on everything. Fact.

turkey burgers with caramelized onions

No comments:

Post a Comment